What are affirmations?
I like to define them as positive reinforcements that you give yourself to keep negativity from pervading your daily existence.
Here is a partial list of affirmations that I incorporate into my daily life
- All issues of life, painful and otherwise, are learning experiences.
- Those who reared you, despite their apparent flaws, were doing the best they could.
- In the moment of your greatest pain you may be experiencing your greatest opportunity to “grow”.
- The search for parental approval or acceptance can be destructive.
- Until we are affirmed by a significant “other”, our achievements will seldom give us sustained happiness.
- Negative actions by others in our development can be held to be a detriment to our growth and happiness.
- We are limited by our prevailing awareness.
The primary affirmation that I use in my daily life can be viewed in this powerful video.