While many companies that operate within the home improvement industry spend a great deal of effort procuring leads, we find that the management of leads is an area that frequently slips through the cracks.
Think of how much time and money are going into lead development – if you are not doing anything to track and monitor these leads then you might as well be flushing your money down the toilet.
Here are steps that we recommend you undertake in your business to manage your leads:
- Measure and benchmark all “fall-off” from leads issued to presentations given
- Calculate and know precisely what the fully loaded cost of a lead is
- Understand the asset value of leads
- Utilize an efficient asset recovery program such as Marketsharp
- Place a huge value on face-to-face marketing by participating in events, home shows and canvassing programs.
- Take responsibility to “develop” the sales staff and don’t expect them to adapt to your methodology without help
- Use Google Analytics to track all Internet leads
Most importantly, don’t wait – – because the longer you go without managing your leads, the less control you will have over your business.