Generate More Leads And Maximize Efficiency
Successful corporate marketing involves a continuous effort to present your brand in the best possible light. If you sell in the home, this can be challenging, because to appeal to homeowners, your marketing strategy needs to serve as an extension of your culture and in-home sales processes.
Dave Yoho Associates assists home improvement, remodeling, and home services companies in achieving their marketing and sales goals. Our business consulting services will help you generate more leads and manage them in an efficient manner so that you can become more profitable.
WE HAVE MARKETING DOWN TO A SCIENCE
When you utilize our business strategy consulting services, you’ll be paired with a trainer who has worked in an Executive-level role for at least 15 years. All our consultants have extensive experience implementing successful marketing systems.
Lead Generation and Conversion
Homeowners have numerous choices when evaluating the best company to meet their product or service needs. Standing out from the competition requires an approach that goes beyond traditional lead generation and instead focuses on how to nurture your valuable (and expensive) leads efficiently and effectively. We improve the lead generation and conversion rate for industry companies by providing guidance on:
- Advanced scripting for inbound and outbound calls
- Incorporating email and automated text messaging into your follow up
- Utilizing social media to find the best prospects and nurture long-term customer relationships
- Partnering with the best “lead providers”
- How to maximize referrals
- Teaching your salespeople how to self-generate leads
Lead Efficiency and Management
Many home improvement, remodeling, and home services companies are unaware of the average cost of their “issued leads”, which typically includes advertising, monthly fees, hiring expenses for in-home salespeople, onboarding, and training. We help you manage your leads better and reduce marketing expenses through:
- Measuring and benchmarking the “fall-off” from leads issued to sales presentations
- Calculating the fully loaded cost of your leads
- Tracking all your key performance indicators including: set rate, issue rate, demo rate, hours per issue, cost percentage to net revenue, and many more
- Teaching an approach that utilizes both traditional and non-traditional marketing methods
- Executing a proven system to follow up with old leads and cancellations
- Implementing methods that assist companies who have “too many leads to handle”
A Modern Canvassing Program
A well-developed canvassing program acts as an extension of your sales force. Many industry companies use an outdated approach, with incorrect compensation methods and ineffective training techniques. Successful canvassing teams do not sell projects, they sell the value of the appointment. Through our business strategy consulting services, we will assist you with:
- Methods to hire the right canvassers and properly supervise them
- Finding the right Canvassing Manager
- Designing a proper compensation structure
- How to set reasonable forecasting goals
- Structuring powerful “role-play” scenarios that lead to improved performance
Maximize Your Results At Shows And Events
Many businesses think it’s wise to have sales personnel at their shows, events, or “S.F.I.” booths. While your in-home salespeople may be skilled at presenting and selling your products or services, the goal of face-to-face marketing is to develop leads, not to sell the prospect on the spot.
Dave Yoho Associates advocates the use of trained and scripted “Event Promoters” whose job is to uncover problems, reveal pain points, and offer suggestions based on what products or services your company offers.
Our trained marketing strategy consultants frequently visit events where a booth is either unmanned or the representative is sitting in a chair, unaware of the valuable prospects walking by. We also see displays with little to no creativity, and no offer, incentive, or “attraction device” that stimulates interest. Some of the scientific rules of face-to-face marketing include:
- No chairs, bar stools, food, or drinks in the area
- Personal phone calls, texts, or social media posts are not allowed
- Scheduling sensible shifts of 4-6 hours maximum (with breaks)
- Nothing on your booth should look outdated
- Equipping your personnel with the right tools: Tablets, powerful images, samples, and appointment reminders
- Scripted language that avoids questions such as: “How are you doing?” or “Are you enjoying the show?”
- Avoiding personal conversations with other vendors
- Calculating your fully-loaded event costs (they are greater than you might think)
The Power Of A Structured Referral Program
Ask your in-home sales personnel to identify their preferred lead source and the answer is almost always the same – – referrals. So why doesn’t the average home improvement, remodeling, or home services company generate more of them? For the most part, there is a lukewarm application of modern referral techniques which incentivize both salespeople and homeowners.
Over our decades in business, we have developed numerous tools that assist companies in generating and growing their referral base including the “New Arrival” and “Customer Appreciation” Programs. Many of our clients sell 20-30% of their volume from referrals with a close rate that is 10-20% higher than other sources.
Our expert business consultants will help you maximize your marketing efforts. We can work with you on-site, by phone or Zoom, or on a project-by-project or long-range basis, and your information will be protected through our personalized Confidentiality Agreement.