Review from the Summit: Per-Inquiry Advertising
The next topic that we dealt with during last year’s Home Improvement Summit was per inquiry advertising.
The first expert on this issue was Sam Borgia who is the President of the Homeowner Resource Center. He is also a managing partner for Home Lending Corporation and Energy Star Trust. Sam used his background in the home remodeling and lending business to structure a unique company in a highly competitive market. His business was established in the early 1980’s when the country was in the middle of a great recession. His companies specialize in matching consumers and special finance programs. They have been responsible for over $500 million of home improvement and lending dollars. In addition, his companies have been negotiating special contracts including PI advertising for the last 20 years.
Per inquiry advertising is a type of direct response marketing where the advertiser gets free ad time and space while paying only for results. In return, the advertiser gives up control of where and when the ads will run.
Some of the key points that he touched on in his presentation included:
- Understanding the complexities of a per inquiry program before you start
- How to start a per inquiry relationship
- How to present a per inquiry advertising program
- Understanding the benefits of a per inquiry program (Both for the advertiser and the media source)
- How to maintain the per inquiry relationship
- Creative per inquiry relationships
For detailed information on this topic, feel free to contact Sam Borgia for assistance.
The next posting will feature of video from an advertising legend, Ron Sherman.