Using A Customer Satisfaction Representative
Many home improvement companies miss the boat in their sales process by not hiring a customer satisfaction rep (C.S.R.) either full or part time.
Here is a five step process for implementing the skills of a C.S.R. in your business.
Step 1: Job is sold/approved – ready to go
Step 2: C.S.R. (Customer Satisfaction Rep.) is assigned
- He visits job with tech rep (remeasure) & customer when possible
- Or he visits job with production supervisor, sales rep & customers
Step 3: C.S.R. visits job daily
- Fills in data info on customer (other products needed & personal data)
- Customer provides names of neighbors by street address & other info.
- Compiles a list of visible needs for database
- Visits each customer with a small gift, including card i.e., ‘Thank you for your patience during our recent (describe job/product), we apologize for the inconvenience from truck, noise, etc."
- Gives D.O.E. & E.P.A. literature (gets receipt with phone number, e-mail & permission to recall)
- Gets names of friends, relatives in community (records brief message for replay to friends). These may qualify as customer referrals.
Step 4: Compensation for C.S.R.
- Small base salary
- Compensation on (quantity) of leads developed into presentation
Step 5: Leads to salesperson who sold job
- 80/20 volume split between sales rep & C.S.R. on jobs sold
Just by adding this one piece to your business you can improve your reviews, referrals and overall customer satisfaction.