Our most recent home improvement webinar entitled “Are Lead Costs Killing Your Profits? – – The Balancing Act between Traditional (Offline) and Online Marketing was a huge success and as a result, we will be holding part two of this webinar on September 1tth, 2013.
We are still sorting through many of your questions from the program, but as has become our routine for these events, we gave away $100 to the individual who gave us the best idea that they learned. Some of the responses are below:
- After the seminar, I immediately began asking our customers to give us reviews on Angie’s List and Houzz.
- The best thing I gathered from the webinar was that 70% of prospects make buying decisions from Internet reviews, and based on that study we are going to sway more of our customers towards filling out online reviews.
- I plan to resurrect our direct mailing program and I thought the idea of a personal letter from the owner to our list of rehash leads will be very effective. Another opportunity will be a mailing to our past customers, again using a letter from the owner thanking them for their business and including a special offer that will have a time sensitive response.
- I liked the direct mail segment. The one idea that I will start implementing ASAP, is the immediate letter from the owner to our demo no sales. And then to follow up 1 month later, 90 days later, etc. We only do email follow up at the moment.
- The best information I got out of the webinar was about how to “target” your direct mail so as not to waste large mail-outs, by simply testing zip codes and zones with your message with smaller amounts of flyers/post cards, etc.
- The best idea I acquired from the webinar is to “personalize it” in order to build relationships. Newsletters should have family topics and not just be about our company.
- I loved learning about the compounding effect of “microgains”. Essentially, by getting 10% better at what we do, we can increase our company’s overall revenue by 33%! I think it is brilliant how this idea mathematically illustrates the exponential power of working together as a team to all get just a little better.
Don’t miss your opportunity to pre-register for the next webinar!